Full-day, week-long hands-on summer STEM experiences at Moore Road Farm for youth entering kindergarten-5th grades. Additionally, STEM Future Leader Summer Camp provides a summer camp experience for youth going into 6th-10th grades. Camp activities connect to a theme and align to content, process, and employability skills standards. Activities provide youth opportunities to connect with nature, engage in STEM practices, and have fun in the sun.
STEM Connection summer camps offer:
- A STEM and nature camp near your home
- Activities aligned to Indiana Academic Standards
- An 8:1 adult to camper ratio
- Facilitators who are certified teachers and are capable of working with campers with a range of abilities
- A daily snack for all campers
- A STEM Connection T-shirt for each camper
- Activities that include STEM experiments, nature exploration, art, citizen science, service-learning, and more!
- Fun for campers while they connect to nature, engage in STEM activities, and make connections to the real world and STEM careers.
2023 Summer Camps – Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- SFL Week – “Natural Leaders” – June 12-15 – Learn about how to be a leader in taking care of our natural world! You’ll explore our habitats, learn about the plants and animals that live there, gain leadership skills in sharing our natural world with others, and meet STEM professionals who are leaders in their worlds.
- Plant Wizards – June 19-22 – Learn about the wonderful world of plants on Earth, including forest plants, garden plants, and aquatic plants. Develop skills that will help you identify plant needs, structures, and benefits, and help you become a plant wizard!
- Creative Innovators – July 10-13 – Art and design are essential to STEM. Use a variety of materials, be inspired by nature, imagine, invent and find solutions to help make a difference.
- Animals in the Wild (girls only) – July 17-20 – Investigate wild animals who live right around us! You’ll explore habitats, learn how to be a nature caretaker, and more as you learn about the animals that live in Indiana.
- All About Bugs – July 24-27 – Bugs are everywhere…and we need them to be! You’ll learn about beneficial bugs that help humans survive and how you can help protect them.
- Traditional Summer Camps are open to youth entering kindergarten through 5th grade in the Fall of 2023.
- STEM Future Leader Summer Camp is open to youth entering 6th-10th grade in the Fall of 2023.
- $240 per camper
- Sibling discount and Free and Reduced Lunch discount available
Questions? Contact Program Specialists: Stacie Hernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Eileen Wodda (email@example.com)