STEM Quick Wins
STEM Quick Wins are relevant science, technology, engineering, and math activities that can be done at home or other locations with easily accessible materials.
- Each STEM Quick Win has an instruction sheet and short video of a STEM Connection staff member explaining and showing the activity.
- Activities are based on Next Generation Science Standards, process standards, and employability skills standards and touch on a variety of STEM content and practices
- Activities are designed for kindergarten through 5th grade students but can easily be differentiated for preschool and middle school students
- Interviews with STEM professionals help introduce youth to potential STEM careers and the skills it takes to be successful
Onion Planting – Video
Spot 5 examples of Animal Evidence – Video
Science, Math, Engineering Process Standards
Spot 5 Signs of Spring Hike – Video
Spot 5 Numbers Hike – Video
Interviews with STEM Professionals
Questions for a STEM Professional PDF
Interview with an Engineer – Video
Interview with a Database Administrator – Video
Interview with an Ecologist – Video
Interview with a Meteorologist – Video
Interview with a Doctor – Video
Interview with an Environmental Specialist – Video
Interview with a Pilot – Video
The Indiana Department of Education supports STEM Quick Wins!
Click here to read our letter of Support from IDOE.
“We are very pleased to see The STEM Connection is finding new, innovative ways to engage with students during the pandemic. While these events are unlike anything we’ve ever witnessed, it is nice to see your continued efforts to support our city’s youth. Education is so important, especially now, while many parents are being pushed outside of their comfort zone. Great job in continuing to push your mission forward!”
– Ryan Basore, Commercial Sales Consultant, Citizens Energy Group