STEM Professional Development
Build your confidence to provide meaningful STEM experiences for youth and navigate STEM teaching experiences in a variety of situations through timely and relevant information–whether it’s in a classroom or other youth-serving setting or with your family at home. Feel empowered in STEM content knowledge and developed practices with TSC’s STEM PD opportunities:
NEW: Emerging Educators Day – Fall 2024 – date TBD
- Pre-service, new, and substitute teachers are invited to join us at the farm for a day of immersive STEM learning.
- Try out some activities from our STEM Quick Win library, consider ways to differentiate activities for youth of varying ages and abilities, and integrate STEM with other content areas. Best practices, expert tips, and connections to standards will be shared!
- More information and registration will be shared soon!
On-Demand Educator Empowerment Webinars
- Our Educator Empowerment Series offers pre-recorded, on-demand professional development webinars so you can participate at your convenience.
- A PGP or CYC Certificate is available by request upon completion of viewing a webinar.
- Each webinar costs $10-12 per view and can be purchased separately via TSC’ Vimeo On-Demand page.
- Pre-Paid Group Packages are available at a 10% discount! Email us at: email@example.com for details & to sign up your staff.
- Webinars available now:
The training has excellent content and well-paced. Angela tailored the presentation to our needs and provided our teaching artists with useful materials that prompt further thinking on how to integrate the Arts in teaching STEM concepts. – Ploi Pagdalian, Senior Director of Programs, Arts for Learning
Pike Township has partnered with The STEM Connection for summer programming, field trips, after-school clubs, STEM kit distribution, and professional development. They continue to be thoughtful in meeting the needs of our students, teachers, and our community by offering rich, engaging opportunities in all that they do. All staff is knowledgeable in STEM teaching and learning and goes above and beyond to make STEM education equitable. – Erin Naylor, District STEM Coach at MSD Pike Township
The team at The STEM Connection immediately engaged all staff members in meaningful dialogue and activities that effectively created a sense of ownership in STEM education for all students. Through a series of realistic examples, our staff felt supported and encouraged to explore after the professional development experience. – Eric Schommer, Principal, St. Monica Catholic School