We believe everyone deserves a chance to experience an outdoor summer day camp. The STEM Connection Unique Needs Summer Day Camps are opportunities for youth in grades kindergarten through 5th grade with unique needs to experience outdoor learning opportunities at Moore Road Farm. Campers will attend day camp with one adult support person (parent, therapist, caregiver, family member, etc.) to ensure the unique needs of every camper can be fully met.
- Engaging, hands-on STEM activities that are fun for everyone.
- Opportunities for youth to participate in STEM experiments, service-learning. citizen science, art, nature exploration, and more.
- Connections with other people and to the natural world, real-life experiences, and STEM careers.
- Activities that are aligned to Indiana Academic, Process, and Employability Skills Standards.
- Facilitators that are certified teachers and STEM professionals who are capable of handling students with unique needs.
- Morning snack and a STEM Connection T-shirt.
- An outdoor STEM and nature camp within Indianapolis.
Campers are children entering grades K-5 in the Fall of 2021 with unique academic, social-emotional, or physical needs. Please contact Stacie Hernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about whether this camp is appropriate for your child.
All summer camps take place at Moore Road Farm, 8407 Moore Road, in Indianapolis. We have indoor and outdoor educational spaces, deciduous forests, hiking trails, riparian and creek environments, and a variety of natural play spaces for children to explore and enjoy.
The fee for each camper is $40 per camper per day camp.
Special discount for students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch – $5 per camper per camp.
*Registration is now open!*
July 9, 2021, 9 am – 2 pm – Be the Change
July 16, 2021, 9 am – 2 pm – Innovators of the Future
July 23, 2021, 9 am – 2 pm -Wildlife Champions
We are committed to keeping participants and facilitators safe. Our summer camp will look to science and recommendations from local health departments to follow COVID-19 procedures.